Of 300 prosecutors in Phoenix's Maricopa County attorney's office:
- 61 percent say jurors seem to believe forensic crime shows on TV are true.
- 90 percent have to explain to juries why police don't collect the kind of evidence seen on television.
Of the 102 most experienced prosecutors:
- 38 percent had at least one trial that ended in an acquittal or a hung jury when forensic evidence was not available to corroborate testimony.
- 52 percent have seen a defendant receive a more favorable plea offer because there were expected problems with the 'CSI effct' had the case gone to trial.
- 80 percent reported juror disapproval with the lack of forensic evidence.
Source: Maricopa County Attorney Andrea Thomas